Thursday, April 30, 2009

I love Spring

According to the Mass Dept. of Agriculture's list, Somerville's farmer's markets are starting up soon. The one in Union Square opens May 27 and runs through November, and Davis Square runs from June to October.

I went with some friends to Bread & Company's grand opening event the other night. They were serving appetizers, wine, desserts, and cocktails featuring Western Massachusetts-distilled liquors. I had a glass of wine in my hand or I would have ordered a Dark & Stormy; a reason to go back. The space now has a clean and streamlined decor, very anti-Bickford's. The food was so-so; somewhat underseasoned. Bread & Comany is open for brunch on the weekends, and it will definitely be worth trying in that capacity. They've got it set up for a few outdoor tables, too, for dining al fresco in the warm weather.

Some pictures I took on my walk in Spring Hill the other day:















Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home